12.11.2009

Personal Wedding Websites

One of my couples, the irrepressible Heidi & Brian - had a friend build a website just for them.  I was surprised and privileged to discover they used some of the engagement shots we took on a 'shopping' trip to Portsmouth, NH.  I was even more delighted to note that they &/or their web designer went out of their way to give me credit.  Gee, makes me feel like celebrity. Pretty typical of Heidi & Brian.
One of the most distinctive things about their site besides my photography is that they got their own URL . . . brianandheidi.com.

This business of a personal wedding website is very cool for me.  Several of my couples for next year have them. Seems like they could be very handy.  I haven't done that many of them myself but then, you can get them free on the big wedding sites like theKnot.  I can, of course, provide them for a fee, including getting a URL and all the techie stuff.  They can be very custom while the Knot type are standard templates so you can't beat the price.

Here's Kurt and Michelle's.  They used the Knot's process and I think it was fairly easy.  Michelle's write-up on their wedding party is especially through and sweet.
 
(FYI - I didn't take this picture)

And another one - truth in story telling here - this my step-son and his wonderful fiance, M.K.,
along with Olie, the wonder dog.

OK . . . I did take this one.

If you are using a template based wedding website, consider having your wedding photographer combine an 'engagement' session with other kinds of shots (your venue, your family, etc.) to capture more of what writers call the "back story" of your marriage-to-be.   Could make for a really elegant way to share the love, as they say.

No comments: