12.10.2009

Why a Blog?

It's all the rage.  OK, maybe I'm not an "all the rage" kind of guy.  And it's not likely what I publish will be my latest wedding.  It also won't be what kind of dress someone wore or how delicious the cake was - I don't eat my clients' cakes, seems impolite.  Seems like there are other venues for that.

What I'll reach for with this blog is a kind of thinking out loud about capturing imagery, weddings in particular but not necessarily all.  I will also explore why certain imagery is special and some are not.  My hope is that, perhaps, you will become more comfortable with thinking about the imagery you want from photographers, particularly wedding photographers.

Oh yes, this is not about technical stuff - there are people out there far better at the techie things than I.  If I learn something interesting from harvesting those blogs and websites, I'll give you links to them.  I'm going to work at the art/imagery/organizing side of these human rituals - the aesthetic challenges photography gives us.

I'll use lots of examples mostly because it gives me something to talk and think about.  My own pictures primarily but others', too.  That way, those of us who are ADA visually oriented will enjoy the ride.

Since it's the visual that brings you and I here, let's celebrate it.

DD

No comments: